Friday, December 18, 2009

The traveling tree and I need more ornaments!

The shoppers!

I'll have the gift but get me out of here quick!

James and the traveling tree

We put up the tree and I had one helper with the ornaments. The girls usually do disappear after a while because we do have oh so many ornaments. James was thrilled unwrapping each ornament and putting it on one of three bottom branches. Wow was that a funny looking tree when he was finished.

Ali gave him her little tree from her room so he could have a tree in his room. He is thrilled, but little did I know he thought it would be a traveling tree and brought it downstairs the other day! As I saw ornaments decorating the staircase I explained to him it was his very own tree and it could stay in his room! Every night when he goes to bed he props his chin on his hand and gazes into the tree and says I love my Christmas! Every morning when he wakes up he says he needs more ornaments for his tree. He is picky about what he will include when I give him ornaments to put on his tree.


James loved our annual trip to Galena which he has been hearing about for weeks. He didn't know what it was he just knew he wanted to go. So when the day finally came he got to experience it. As we pulled back into the parking lot of the hotel after shopping he shouted there's Galena! He wasn't all that thrilled with the cute little shops, but what young one would be! He is not into Santa but when he heard there was a gift he stuck up for a quick minute with his dad. He loved swimming in the pool and just having fun with his family.

1 comment:

China Dreams said...

Good to see that he likes a little tree with his ornaments!

Happy New Year,
Ruby